Monday, August 27, 2012

THE REAL REASON DONNY GILLSON'S 
YOUTUBE CHANNEL WAS SHUT DOWN!

Well, in a broadcast on August 25, 2012, Donny Gillson now claims that my channel was not shut down by YouTube, but in fact I did it myself to make him look bad.  Well, here's the PROOF that Gillson is lying through his teeth once again.  My account was shut down for not being in "compliance with YouTube's Terms of Service".  Here is the proof, received on July 2, 2012.  

So, Gillson out and out LIED when he said on his show that the channel was shut down for "extreme violations of Terms of Service". There's a big difference between being shut down for non-compliance and "DUE TO WRONGFUL FILING OF DMCA COPYRIGHT". BIG difference. He also LIED when he said that I shut down my own channel. As you can see that is not the case. Gillson's was shut down for "repeated or severe violations of our Terms of Service due to wrongful copyright DMCA flagging".  So, Gillson's channel was shut down apparently because he filed far too many claims against the works of others that were Overturned.  No one flagged him, he filed too many copyright claims that were not valid claims.  Please also note that it states you are not allowed to have another YouTube channel. However, Gillson is already back up and running with a new channel. 

This is how it works.  If you make a video on YouTube and someone uses all or part of your video outside of the Fair Use Act, you can file a claim.  Donny Gillson uses "copyright infringement" as his favorite claim.  NOW, in order to be able to claim a copyright infringement, you have to do a few things.

First, you need to have filed for a Copyright Number from the Copyright office.  This involves filing paperwork and paying a FEE to get a number assigned to your work.  Now, we all know that Gillson has no copyright numbers.  In fact, on the form to "counter claim" with YouTube when someone disputes your copyright claim, there is a box that asks for your Copyright Number.  Gillson always fills that in as N/A or Non-applicable.  This shows that he has no copyright number, hence he never filed with the US Copyright Office to have his so called work protected.

Secondly, when you file a counter claim, you have 10 days to go to Federal Court and file a suit to protect your work and provide YouTube with proof of a suit filed.  Gillson will not do this because he has no copyright on his work and he knows it.  Therefore, the matter is dropped.  He has never been successful in any of his copyright claims, because he simply cannot prove that he has a copyright on any of his work.  

Below is a portion of a letter that Gillson has sent to YouTube regarding the closure of his channel.  Please note the highlighted section and remember these are HIS OWN WORDS:

My Open Letter to YOUTUBE : 

YouTube 
 901 Cherry Avenue 
 San Bruno, CA 94066 

 August 25, 2012 RE: Mistaken Termination of Youtube Channel www.youtube.com/ursuadams 

Dear YouTube; 

Please find attached to this letter a list of material removed by you pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512. I have a good faith belief that this material was removed or disabled in error as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material. I declare that this is true and accurate under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America. 

My name is Don Gillson and I am the owner of of the channel hosted on Youtube entitled www.youtube.com/ursuadams . I RECENTLY RECEIVED A STATEMENT SAYING THAT I WAS IN VIOLATION OF EXTREME TERMS OF SERVICE OF YOUTUBE DUE TO WRONGFUL COPYRIGHT DMCA FLAGGING. This is untrue and I demand my channel to be reinstated at once. I have filed several complaints against users that have used my material that I rightfully owned and have won all of my copyright claims; infact, the users would come back and file false DMCA attacks on my videos to try and have my channel shut down on many occassions. 

Up until now you have agreed with my fight and have restored videos that have been filed copyright and protected under the fair use practices. I have never filed an unlawful copyright against another channel that I did not feel was using my material without my permission. I have been a YOUTUBE partner for over 5 years and also have over 10K+ subscribers and over 3 million + views to my network.There is an outrage right now from my subscribers that my channel has been attacked and that youtubeis actually censoring my work. 

I have enjoyed my time on Youtube and would like to come back. All of the work that I have done over the years are on my channel. This includes over 300 videos..most of which were set to private because of the attacks on my channel. Recently, your department reinstated my videos by stating that I was in the right and no penalty would take place on my channel. I am outraged on what has happened and I am hoping that you will look deeply into this matter. I have done nothing but try to protect my material and have been stalked, spoke terribly about, and my material has been used and abused. 

You can clearly see if you even write into the search engine my name Donny Gillson, UrsuAdams, or 32 Degrees of Insanity there are several channels that are specific to harrassing me and putting out false information about me.I have reported this as severe violations of youtube and you have taken down several videos that clearly were made to harrass me but have never removed their channels? I am asking why am I being singled out here. 

I am sure by now several emails have come in about my channel for review through the email support by my loyal listeners by writing to copyright@yahoo.com, legal@google.com, and legal-support@google.com. I am also a broadcaster on the Freedomizer Radio Network and I will make sure that the masses hear about how I have been falsely targeted and my channel has been taken down by YOUTUBE without notice or bias. 

I have done nothing that is against community guidlines or terms of service and what has happened is that YOUTUBE has mistakenly taken down my channel and I request for it to be reinstated as soon as possible. 

For the purposes of this matter, I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which I reside. I also consent to service of process by the person providing notification under Section 512(c)(1)(C) or that person’s agent. However, by this letter, I do not waive any other rights, including the ability to pursue an action for the removal or disabling of access to this material, if wrongful. I have done nothing that is against community guidlines or terms of service and what has happened is that YOUTUBE has mistakenly taken down my channel and I request for it to be reinstated as soon as possible. 

For the purposes of this matter, I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which I reside. I also consent to service of process by the person providing notification under Section 512(c)(1)(C) or that person’s agent. However, by this letter, I do not waive any other rights, including the ability to pursue an action for the removal or disabling of access to this material, if wrongful. 

Having complied with the requirements of Section 512(g)(3), I remind you that you must now replace the blocked or removed material/channel and cease disabling access to it within fourteen business days of your receipt of this notice. Please notify me when this has been done. 

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. If you have any questions about this notice, please do not hesitate to contact me. 

 Sincerely, 

Electronically signed 
Donny Gillson 
(emphasis added)

So, as you can CLEARLY see, Gillson's channel was shut down due to "wrongful copyright DMCA flagging". Now, remember that statement that he swears "under penalty of perjury"?  Well just by using a false address, he which he has always done in ANY correspondence he has sent to YouTube, he is committing Perjury. One time he uses an address in Reno, another the an address in St. Paul and in this letter, an address in California. When he countered my DMCA claim he used two different addresses.  And I have proof. So, in other words, by not using his correct address, purposely using an address where he KNOWS he doesn't live, he has lied, or perjured himself.  Notice too that he says he has "never filed an unlawful copyright against another channel that I did not feel was using my material without my permission".  So, by that sentence he ADMITS he has filed unlawful copyright claims.  Right?  Again, remember These are HIS words.  This letter was copy/pasted from another site where HE put the information up.  

Gillson is claiming that the "trolls" as he calls anyone who disagrees with him, have flagged his channel.  Obviously this is not the case.  Otherwise where would the words "wrongful copyright DMCA flagging" come from?  It's pretty obvious to me that those are the words that YouTube used in their notification of his channel's shut down.  

The bottom line is that Gillson Abused the YouTube system and they shut down his channel.  There is no great mystery to this, he simply filed far too many copyright infringement claims which were overturned, simply by virtue of the fact that he has NO Copyright Numbers from the US Copyright Office.  It's as simple as that.  And now he's LYING to make himself look like a victim.  He's not a victim, he's a master manipulator, a liar, and just like his Fantasy Planet Nibiru... he's a HOAX.


So, Donny, STOP WHINNING AND ACT  LIKE A MAN FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE.  You screwed up by abusing the system, you got caught, and now you have to pay the price just like anyone else.  Guess you really AREN'T the YouTube God you thought you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment